100 Percent Cleanliness System Policy
The 100 Percent Cleanliness System Policy simply stated is; everything has a place (designated location) and everything should be in its place when not in use. Even items as small as a paper clip.
Designated Location of Every Item Used in Business Facility
- The Place must be in a convenient and accessible location. It’s important to involve employees when determining the best location.
- Place must be permanent, not i.e. temporary cardboard box on top of a shelf.
• Cabinets-welded steel or wood with labeled plastic bins or containers on inside.
• Bins should be plastic or steel, never use cardboard.
• Shelves should be well-constructed wood or steel. Use closed cabinets when possible.
• Work tables should be stainless steel, steel or well-constructed wood.
- Must label the Place with easy-to-read computer label.
- Keep similar Items together whenever possible.
- Do not put things in corners, on top of cabinets, under desk, furniture, work stations, equipment etc., unless located in a labeled container.
- Must return each item to its designated PLACE after use or at end of day or shift.
- When a introducing a new Item into a work area or department, it must be added and located using, The 100% system of Cleanliness.
- Keep Place very clean, i.e. dusted, cleaned with water or special cleaners, etc.
- Management must approve of any Personal Items placed on walls and company assets. i.e. Calendars, photos, art, etc.
- Company Documents for company-wide viewing are to be place on designated Bulletin boards, with permission of management. i.e. government forms
Desk or Work Station
Everything in your desk should have a Place and everything in its Place
- Desk drawers should contain plastic bins for various items (keep similar items together)
- Label all Files and arranged in alphabetical order
- In the front of each File Drawer, place a list of File Names to occupy the drawer.
- Tape nothing on desk-tops or put under desk glass
- Personal items
- Confined to one drawer
- NO FOOD in desk or cabinets unless in closed plastic container
- Pictures, nick-knacks or other items (Limit to three small items)
Floors – Office
- Use Commercial carpet or ceramic tile when possible
- In Customer Service or heavy traffic offices, use ceramic tile or vinyl tile
Floors – Manufacturing Area
- Vinyl tile (light color)
- Epoxy (light color, double coated with a clear epoxy coat on top)
- Each major piece of equipment should have its own supply cabinet when possible.
- Operation Manuals for equipment to be located inside labeled Magazine Holders and in equipment’s supply cabinet.